What pin-configuration do Noctua products use?
All Noctua 24V, 12V and 5V fans, fan controllers, cables and other accessories such as Low-Noise Adaptors use the same standard pin-assignment that has been specified by Intel and AMD: If you are looking for information regarding the implementation of PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) speed control in Noctua 4-pin PWM fans, please see our PWM specification white paper. For further information, please also see the following FAQs:
- Can I run 4-pin PWM fans on 3-pin fan headers?
- Can I run Noctua 3-pin fans on 4-pin PWM connectors and use my mainboard’s automatic fan controller?
- How can I check if my 4-pin fan header supports PWM?
- I'm experiencing fan speed issues with my motherboard from Supermicro, what can I do?
- Can Noctua fans be used to replace noisy stock fans in NAS devices?
- Can Noctua fans be used to replace noisy stock fans in switches, routers or other network devices?
Do you have a question concerning one of our products? Please use this form to pose a question!