- Noctua’s manufacturer’s warranty guarantees the proper operation of the product throughout the warranty period.
- The warranty period begins at the date of purchase.
- For all warranty requests, a proof of purchase (electronic invoice, scan or photo of printed invoices) is strictly required. Please thus make sure to keep your invoices.
- If a warranty request is filed, Noctua reserves the right to demand appropriate confirmation of the issue pointed out by the customer such as through photos provided by the customer. Noctua further reserves the right to demand sending the product to Noctua for inspection. In this case, the shipping costs will have to be covered by the customer and will be refunded later if the issue is confirmed and the warranty request is accepted. In this case, Noctua will send a replacement free of charge (see 5). If Noctua’s technical department cannot confirm the issues described by the customer, the shipping costs cannot be refunded and return shipping must be covered by the customer. Due to the required confirmation, replacements cannot be provided in advance.
- In case of warranty, Noctua will replace the product in question with the same model or a succeeding model with comparable or improved specifications. The replacement will be provided in as good as new condition and will be under full warranty for the remaining warranty period.
- Visual defects (such as bent heatsink fins or scratches) are usually due to improper handling during shipment and opened or previously returned packages and should thus be reported to the dealer immediately after reception of the product rather than to Noctua. Noctua cannot accept complaints about visual defects that do not impair the proper operation of the product any later than 30 days after date of purchase.
- Returns for exchanges to other products or refunds lie in the sole responsibility of your dealer. Noctua cannot provide exchanges or refunds directly, thus the dealer’s terms and conditions and/or your countries legal terms for product returns (such as Distance Selling Acts, etc.) will apply.
- Warranty becomes void if
- The product is modified by the customer in any way that may affect the flawless operation such as cutting parts of heatsinks, removing the fan impeller from the fan frame or painting the fan.
- The product is used out of specifications such as through overvolting or reverse voltage.
- The product is damaged in consequence of the failure of other components such as mainboards or power supplies.
- The product is used in or exposed to environments for which it is not intended, i.e. environments other than electronic devices in typical home or office environments. In particular, warranty becomes void if the product is exposed to excessive dust, dirt, mechanical shock or stress, fire, hazardous substances or similar unsuitable environmental conditions. Warranty also becomes void if the product is operated outside a temperature range of -10°C to +70°C and/or a humidity range of 15% to 90% or stored outside a temperature range of -40°C to +80°C and/or a humidity range of 15% to 90%.
- The product has not been handled with appropriate care, e.g. dropped, handled with excessive force or damaged in any other way by the customer. In particular, warranty becomes void if objects are stuck into a running fan.
- Warranty does not cover usual wear and tear such as the finish of heatsinks getting slightly duller over time, imprints of the CPU heatspreader on the heatsink base or normal bearing abrasion.
- It is assumed that the customer is sufficiently familiar with the installation and operation of cooling components in PC environments and that the customer verifies compatibility as well as the visual and mechanical integrity of the product before use. Noctua cannot be held responsible for any damage or losses caused by improper installation, by compatibility issues or by the installation and operation of products despite obvious visual or mechanical defects.
- If a customer contacts Noctua to request warranty services (e.g. spare parts, mounting kits, replacements, etc.), this is done within the scope of Noctua’s data protection policy, which guarantees that Noctua will use any data submitted by the customer solely for the purpose of providing the requested warranty service. By contacting Noctua and sending personal data (e.g. name, contact information, proof of purchase), the customer accepts that said data will be stored and processed in accord with Noctua’s data protection policy.
If you would like to file a warranty request, please use this RMA form.